Thursday, February 25, 2010

WALKING THE TALK...









"Everything happens for a reason...
GRRRRRR...
xgzyjqucxcr....
ewwcxc...
GRRRR"


- Jonathan Pillot, February 25, 2010, 6:15AM

There are those moments, small as they may be, when we are tested...to see if we REALLY believe what we are saying. I do believe that everything does happen for a reason. And, as a spiritual guide of mine reminded me of a few years ago, it's not just a pick-and-choose kind of belief. Aligning with that when we like the results. The facts. I woke up this morning at 4:30, no alarm, just fully awake. Inspired to write. It flowed and flowed, the words, the thoughts, the feelings. For more than an hour. I was having trouble saving it, something was glitchy on this site. It kept SAYING it was saving. As I was finishing up the piece, the computer just shut down, on its own. When I rebooted, and went back to the blog, nothing was there, except the first paragraph I had started last night. I just looked at the screen, kind of blown away...felt like lost moments...maybe just lost words...lost? I don't know. Definitely not sure where/what the lesson is right here...a practical one? Like, next time write in Word, then cut and paste here? Or, simply more ephemeral. Ego reminders? Attachment smackers? Who knows...I'll get it back...or something else...xbvertxuyrrtxvxGRRRRR....

And then, 30 seconds after hitting "Send", I got this in an email from dear Marion (thank you!):

THE GUEST HOUSE

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each gues honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door and invite them in.

Be grateful for whatever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.

---Jelaluddin Rumi
translation by Coleman Barks

1 comment:

Barbara Dobriansky said...

Sometimes, the universe just wants you to write whatever it is you need to write, and not let you share it - I try to think of glitches that steal my work that way, rather than let them upset me. It was just something I had to think through and write out, just not necessarily meant for anyone else, or even for me to save. I jsut keep writing, and I find it gets where it's supposed to go, in many ways having nothing to do with me.

Just keep it up...