Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A QUIETER MIND (WHETHER BEAUTIFUL, OR NOT)...

I grew up being anxious, at least starting at a certain age, for a great part of my life. A low level kind of thing, most of the time, just enough to be vibrating, certainly pervasively. A low hum, on the inside. Never requiring, or crying out for me to get, meds. Just enough, though, to be a conscious part of my reality. As I got older I often wondered, given how busy and "productive" (not necessarily equating with "successful" or fulfilled) I was, how much more productive AND successful AND fulfilled I might/could/would be if I could quiet the mind a bit. Reduce the noise. More. Get out of my way. Better. I've worked diligently on that these last few years, committedly embracing ways to quiet the revving inside, bathe in the pauses, embrace and celebrate the unknown, deepen my trust and faith. This process has allowed me to need less, and thus receive more. I am feeling the wonder of harvesting - the results of the plantings and waterings, and especially the weedings and the waitings and the (apparent) disappointments. All of it. I've never felt more comfy in my skin. Or quieter (Hey, everything's relative!) in my mind. And more open and vibrant in my heart. Or clear about my purpose. And gifts. And, all I can say is, I'm thrilled to be here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jonathan, I would like to hear more specifics on how you quieted yourself.... I am going through a really anxious time in my life and could use some insight <3